It seems only fitting being Easter weekend and all that we attempted some egg related recipe. An eggcellent idea you say.
But what recipe to do? Nothing too eggstravagant. I mean I want something impressive but after all it is a long weekend and any strenuous activity and hassle is simply frowned upon. Well I think we’ve cracked it…
What could be more simple than Baked Eggs. Simple and tasty and you can literally use whatever you’ve got in the cupboards. Eggciting.
What you’ll need –
- 2 red onions
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 4 eggs
- black olives
What you’ll need to do –
- chop up your red onion, garlic and chilli and fry it up until soft
- add in the chopped tomatoes, olives and some of the torn up basil leaves and leave to simmer away until thicker (about 8minutes)
- transfer into your baking dish and make 4 dips in the sauce, attempt as best as possible to crack an egg into these
- scatter the remaining basil leaves and crumble the feta on top
- bake in the oven for about 8 minutes on a low heat
- Then enjoy
And there you have it, an easy breakfast recipe. Tasty, healthy and nice and filling. Perfect way to enjoy the Easter weekend. Or any weekend for that matter.
(Apologies for all the egg puns…Kind of)