Walk into my family home back in England right now and I promise you’d find a cupboard full of mustard – my Dad single handedly keeps Colmans in business. As a kid I hated the stuff but I am going through a serious mustard stage right now. I’m addicted. If you’re not then you might be after this recipe, have you tried Roasted Vegetables in Honey & Mustard? Incredible. (so thanks Dad)
There is nothing better than simply roasting up some veg, the flavours are amazing and it’s such an easy meal, you know when you dread when a meal ends? This is me every time we make this, weeping at the final carrot.
But first off, we all know how important your daily dose of vegetables are for us, they contain an abundance of benefits and nutrients, vital for keeping your body healthy. But did you also know that both carrots and cauliflower are some of the veg with the lowest calories and are renowned for their antioxidant qualities? Make a dinner with these and your onto a healthy winner.
What you’ll need:
– bag of carrots
– 1/4 cauliflower
– whole grain mustard
– 1/2 pomegranate
– olive oil
What you’ll need to do:
– preheat your oven to 180c
– place your veg in your baking tray drizzle with a good glug of olive oil so everything is lightly covered and roast in the oven for 20mins
– give them a good toss and then cover with your mustard, you can mix it together with the honey and oil and then coat but I like to smear the mustard over the veg and then drizzle with the honey
– roast for a further 20minutes until golden and cooked
– sprinkle a handful of your pomegranate seeds over the dish
– ready to serve
This is just a really great recipe that you can enjoy as a main dish or even as a side to something else. It’s tasty, healthy and the cheeky inclusion of the pomegranate seeds makes it. Did someone say new favourite dinner?