Ever dropped a jar of Beetroot in the supermarket? If you’ve ever wondered what would be redder, the floor or your mums face – you’ll get your answer in under 5 seconds. I never understood as a small innocent child why mum was so mortified until I tried to clean one of my chopping boards that used to be white…
But beetroot’s a health godsend – it’s so densely packed with so many nutrients and vitamins, it’s powerful antioxidant properties mean it’s a key player in the healthy eating game. You want this guy on your side – stains and all, trust me.
And it’s so versatile to cook with, you can roast it, grate it into salads, eat it raw but my favorite is to make Beetroot and Feta Fritters you haven’t seen a power combo this good since Jay Z first met Beyonce.
You can just as easily enjoy this recipe for breakfast as you can for dinner, they’re real easy to make and since beetroots been said to improve athletic performance it’s the ideal meal to whip up when exercising. Serve with a poached egg or a little salad and you’re onto a healthy winner.
What you’ll need:
– x1 beetroot grated
– x2 spring onions thinly diced
– x1 clove of garlic thinly diced
– x1 block of feta
– 2 eggs
– 1 tbsp chia seeds
– 5 tblspoons of rice flour
– handful of roughly chopped coriander
What you’ll need to do:
– beat your eggs in a bowl, add in the chia seeds and leave to soak for 5 minutes
– then add in all your other ingredients and mix together until it forms a batter and season well
– heat some oil in a frying pan and ladle the mixture into reasonable sized fritters and fry until golden brown on each side (usually 3mins)
What do you think? As addicted as we are yet?