Sometimes there’s just no need to waste time with introductions.
I’ll get straight to the point: Chargrilled Aubergine & Goats Cheese Rolls.
Sounds pretty good right? I promise you this recipe isn’t going to disappoint. All it takes is a few key ingredients and you’ll be making this almost as often as we do. They’re light, simple and so tasty – perfect for a snack, your next picnic or for dinner with a big old salad. Only problem, you can never ever make enough.
What you’ll need:
– Medium sized aubergine
– 200g goats cheese roll (log)
– Small handful of finely chopped parsley
– Salt and pepper
– You need to cut your aubergine into thin slices lengthways (if you cut on a diagonal it makes it easier)
– Lay out your slices in a sieve and sprinkle in salt (this draws out the extra moisture) leave for around 30minutes
– Rinse the slices and grill with oil and pepper until golden (keep a close eye you don’t want them to crisp)
– In a bowl mix your goats cheese, parsley and a dash of olive oil and season well
– Then with your grilled slices place a generous teaspoon of your mixture into the centre and roll
And that’s it. Why confuse things when they don’t need to be. Simple ingredients that make one of my favourite meals right now. You’d be a fool not to try these. Trust me.