I haven’t been this excited about a recipe since I first moved to Melbourne and discovered Smashed Avocado.
Now that was a great day and this comes pretty close, you’re going to kick yourself you haven’t tried this sooner. Depending how elaborate you want to get it this can be so easy to throw together, just use whatever veg you’ve got in your fridge, play around and decide what makes the best healthy combo. We went a bit crazy in the local Asian supermarket with an ingredient overload and made all our sauces and dressings – obviously you don’t need to do this every time but trust me it tastes so good, it will definitely be worth it.
1 baby cos lettuce
1 clove of garlic
1 small chilli
100g firm tofu
½ avocado, thinly sliced length ways
¼ mango thinly sliced
¼ red cabbage thinly sliced
sesame seeds to scatter on top
Wasabi Avo & Edamame Spread
2 teaspoons of wasabi powder
1 cup of Edamame beans
2 spring onions
handful of coriander
pinch of salt
dash of olive oil
1 minced garlic clove
splash of sesame oil
Good squeeze of lime juice
3 tablespoons of soy
1 tablespoon of maple syrup
tablespoon of rice wine vinegar
What to do
– To make your Wasabi Avo & Edamame spread simply blend all these ingredients in the food processor and set to one side.
– Same with your special Soy dressing, just mix everything that’s needed together.
– Now fry off your diced garlic and chilli in a little oil and add in your tofu and fry until golden, then slice your tofu into thin strips
– All your other veg should be sliced into long thin strips
– Now it’s time to get filling those lettuce cups, simply smear a good dollop of your Wasabi Avo-Edamame spread then load on up with all your favourites, bit of sauce, sprinkle of sesame seeds and job done.
It’s easy, it’s simple and it’s so ridiculously good. These can be a straightforward snack with a few of your favourite ingredients or a bit more of an all-out affair like these, either way you can’t go wrong.