For someone who would rather eat a block of cheese than a block of chocolate it can be a little tricky finding a healthy snack to satisfy that sweet craving. There’s only so many banana and peanut butter bites one person should eat, so I think we’re onto a bit of a game changer with this one, Coconut Bark where have you been all my life.
This sums up all the components that make a great recipe, it’s quick – like insanely quick, you can probably make this in an ad break (maybe? Try it) it’s the perfect healthy snack to grab after dinner or when you’re watching a film and need that snack, and it uses some of my favourite ingredients, especially The Wilds Muesli, yes yes yes. And the thing that makes a good recipe for me, is that you can play around with whatever ingredients you want to add in there, Nuts? Berries? Honey? Go wild…
What you’ll need
- 55g Coconut butter
- 1 can of coconut cream
- The Wild Lime & Coconut Muesli (or any brand – but this ones yummy)
- A mix of berries (we went for goji and blueberries)
- Bee pollen (just to be obnoxious and for the colour (why else)
- Coconut Crisps
- Pinch of sea salt
- Vanilla essence
- Small baking dish
What you’ll need to do
- Line your tray/dish with baking paper
- Melt your coconut butter in a bowl over a bowl of boiling water (don’t let the butter bowl touch the water
- Then mix in can of coconut cream, your salt and vanilla essence
- Pour your mix into your dish and then scatter over all your fillings, scatter the coconut chips over the top
- And finally freeze until solid (takes around 30mins maybe more depending on the thickness)
- The best part, smash your frozen block and enjoy.
This is a great alternative for a sweet bite, and you can make it exactly how you want it, throw in whatever ingredients you feel like, it makes for a pretty looking recipe plus it’s healthy, it’s easy and it tastes pretty damn good.