Here’s a quick post for you, a little recipe for Pesto that I cannot get enough of this week, there’s some waiting in the fridge right now – just teasing me. Sometimes it’s all about simplicity, and no I don’t mean simply going out and buying a jar because that’s just crap, how about exert yourself a tiny bit and whip this up because I promise you not only is it healthier but it will taste 10xs better and then you can gloat to all your friends that you make your own pesto, seriously do it, be that person.
What you’ll need:
– 2 handfuls of kale (roughly rip the leaves away from the stems)
– 1 clove of garlic
– tin of cannellini beans
– 2 large spoons of parmesan
– olive oil
– salt & pepper
– handful of nuts (whatever you have)
What you’ll need to do:
– throw everything into your blender
– blitz until smooth or as smooth as you fancy, I like it quite chunky
– and yep, that’s pretty much it.
I told you it was a quick one. I’ve been tossing this through with some Courgetti and some roasted vegetables and there you have it, your own fancy Pesto and a tasty dinner. I think this is the start of something special, my eyes have been opened to a whole new world of possibilities, I’m thinking beetroot and coconut pesto next maybe? What do you think?