Because nothing says Sunday more than baking.
Even better when it’s baking up something healthy and the words Carrot and Cake are involved.
These little beauties are ideal if you want to bake but are no Mary Berry. I’m all about simple, I want an easy recipe that I can throw in the oven and in less than half an hour I can claim to be the modern day muffin man. So here we have it, simple and healthy Carrot Cake & Coconut Muffins. (And gluten free – we can still enjoy baked goods too you know)
This recipe doesn’t need any extra sugar or unhealthy additions and all the carrot is a great source of antioxidants and fibre. You could even add in some protein powders to transform these into the perfect post work out snack. All this can be quickly knocked up in one bowl in record time, plus they’re a healthy take on Carrot Cake, surely that’s reason enough?
What you’ll need:
– 3 carrots
– 1 cup of walnuts
– 1 banana
– 2 eggs
– 2 tablespoons of almond meal
– 1 tablespoon of coocnut oil
– 1 cup of grated coconut
– 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
– dash of vanilla extract
– honey (a decent dollop)
– pinch of salt
– 2 tablespoons of protein powder
What you’ll need to do:
– Pre-heat your oven to 190c
– Mash up your banana in a bowl
– The mix in all of the other ingredients (but leave some walnuts out for the top)
– Once everything has been thoroughly mixed together transfer evenly into your coconut-oil-greased muffin tin
– Scatter some of your left over walnuts on top
– Bake in the oven for around 30 mins until golden brown
I made a batch of these at the weekend and have slowly been working my way through them as my morning snack at work. Perfect size for a quick boost especially if you worked out that morning. I might have even cut one up, toasted it and added a little smear of peanut butter – because there’s no such thing as ever having enough nuts.
What do you think? Has to be one of the easiest, healthiest Carrot Cake recipes surely?