Here’s something I never thought you’d ever hear me say but I think I’ve found something I like more than my Peanut Butter Balls – and as a self confessed Peanut Butter addict this is big.
Seriously they taste amazing, sharp tang of the lime with the creaminess of the coconut and cashews, mix that in with the sweet realization that these are actually so good for you and a great post work out protein hit and nothing tastes better. Plus these will literally take you a whole 5 minutes to make so it’d be rude not to knock a few up.
What you’ll need:
– 3 cups of cashews
– 3 limes
– 1 cup of Grated coconut
– 1 cup of Coconut chips
– 2 tablespoons Coconut butter
– 1 tablespoon of Protein powder
What you’ll need to do:
– Put everything except your limes and half your coconut chips in your food processor
– Half your limes and squeeze in the juice
– Pulse your food mixer until your ingredients are roughly blended and sticking together
– Flatten out into a shallow dish like you would a brownie mix and freeze for 10 minutes
– Then sprinkle on the rest of the coconut chips and grate some zest off your limes for a topping and slice up
Things have been a bit hectic recently so I’m addicted to making anything that’s easy and quick and these are possibly one of my favorites so far. Pack some to enjoy after your next workout or to take to work you can even roll these into little energy balls if you’re more a ball guy than a slicer. Either way, their nutritious and a perfect boost of protein but even better they taste great.