It’s simple really, you can’t beat eggs and you definitely can’t beat avocado so putting the two together has dream brunch written all over it, so just make this dish at the weekend and you can thank us later.
This is a fail safe recipe. Tasty, looks the part and involves minimal effort. Top marks for Jonny for rustling this up for us the other day. He even did his and hers versions, such a good egg…
What you’ll need
– 1 avocado
– 2 eggs
– bunch of asparagus
– (optional chorizo)
What you’ll need to do
– Grill the asparagus on a baking tray with a good drizzle of oil and salt (roughly 15 minutes)
– Meanwhile, Cut the avocado in half and scoop just enough out the centre of each just to fit an egg
– Flip the Avocado halves over and cut a small piece of the skin away so that they will sit without rolling around
– Season with salt and place on a baking tray
– Break an egg into each of your avocado halves
– Bake in the oven (220 degrees celsius) until whites are set, about 10minutes.
– Whilst these are baking fry up the mushrooms in some garlic and butter (and chorizo chunks for those meat eaters)
– Serve up with a glass of juice or coffee and enjoy.
And ta da, you’re welcome. Best brunch in a long time.